Sunday 22 November 2015

DEEP ROOTS ....

I began this page just before we moved, and finished it in the last few days by adding all the bits and dots you know I'm so fond of!

This is how it began - swirls of orange and yellow done with Neocolour II crayons - sometimes I have to challenge myself to work with different shapes as I tend to go for straight lines ....
Being somewhat brain dead from stress at the time I didn't have any clear idea where it was going, except that I wanted it to be bold and simple because I didn't think I could manage anything else.
And then, as so often happens, something came out that I needed to affirm - namely my own strength and deep roots in a good place, all of which would get me through what lay ahead.  It was a bit wild and windy at the time too, which added to the way I was thinking as I watched the big old trees in our former garden bend with the wind.
And above is where the page had got to when we moved.  Below is how I finished it off when, after only about 5 days, I found a space I could sit down and work in.
I guess the symbolism needs no explanation?  I'm still being very influenced by Aboriginal art and its use of dots and simple marks, and think that shows here?  Look on Pinterest if you want to discover more, its an art form I'm growing to love, and anyway I always did like dots!

We are down to just 9 boxes but are stymied in terms of progress because we really need somebody to come and put shelves up .... the walls here are TOUGH and appear to need an industrial strength drill to make so much as a dent in them!  Best of all we have SURVIVED, we are retired, and we'll find everything eventually.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Love everything about this page. Color, image, meaning.

Praying you find joy in putting your new home together...remember it does not have to be all done to be comfy and beautiful. Take your time...

Beacee said...

Just out of hospital after my second bout of surgery, so only just catching up. So pleased your move has gone well and that you've found space for your art. A lovely page. bright and confident. Hope you are both well after all the stress. Love and prayers for you both as always, Barbara x

alexa said...

A lovely surprise to see your bright, strong, clear, sturdy page :). And a witness to your inner roots that despite the move, the trauma and the boxes, you can still make the time and space to connect with your art and yourself. I love the dots!