Saturday 17 October 2015

I CAN GET THROUGH THIS!

 
This is the message I need to affirm to myself right now, so what's an art journaller to do but make a page out of it?  Sorry these pictures are a little bit dark - that's what the weather has been like here lately.

I'm not up to making complicated pages right now, but then again who says they have to be?  This is a simple coat of lime green paint over gesso, and then I grabbed my "blue" drawer of collage materials ....  That's how I organise my stuff - I have a set of shallow drawers on wheels and I have labelled them by colour, including neutrals, then words and people.  It works pretty well but is still something of a work in progress.  When I have time or am short of energy or inspiration I grab some magazines etc from the pile on the floor and rip out things I like, cut out shapes and file them in my various drawers.
I suppose there was probably a reason why I chose the lime green, but don't ask me what.  I only know I couldn't manage pink and red at the time.  Anyway blue and green is my favourite colour combination.  Below you can see how I added a grey shadow around the collage elements, and some lettering ...
The last stage was to  complete the lettering and then tackle the very plain background.  I wanted to keep it subtle so as not to detract from the main message, so simple circles with white and grey did the trick.
This is something of a mission statement - I've certainly gone back to look at this page several times this past week.  It does serve to remind me that all things pass, even the worst of times.  Not sure why I chose the bottles at the lower edge, but I assure you I've not turned to drink or anything like that!!

We are moving in 3 weeks and are almost ready for that to happen, and Himself begins chemotherapy in about 10 days.  Even with the help of amazing friends whose offers of help have been nothing less than heroic its not going to be easy, but with God's Grace we can do it - at least on the other side lies retirement and relative calm from which to approach the rest of the treatment.

3 comments:

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds like a very tight schedule, Rosie. I so admire your ability to keep journalling in the midst of it all. I must learn your shadow technique - so effective. (And relieved about the bottles - I did wonder, as soon as I saw them! They don't seem to have any stoppers in; perhaps you're not bottling things up? Or perhaps you just liked the shapes!). Continuing to be mindful of you both at this time.

Linda Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Vincent said...

You will get through this Rosie.....this is a lovely reminder for you to look at :-)
I wish I lived nearer and could help, but I am always thinking of you both. Hugs......xxx