Sunday 11 October 2015

CAN'T SEE CLEARLY ....

  
If this looks a little bit difficult to see or foggy or whatever, then its deliberate!  I could have used black for the writing but chose to use grey, which doesn't show up as well, and that kind of fits with the theme.

I sort of knew where I was going with this - I knew the page would be about struggling to see and have an eye at the centre.  I found this one on Google Images and really liked it!
I did colour the eye a bit - it started life black and white - and began to add the writing.  I had to add up the letters and spaces in what I wanted to say, to work out where the centre should be.  Didn't work out exactly but close enough.
And then because it was pretty much finished and I hadn't the mental or emotional energy to do much more, the page was completed using dots in grey and white. Its a very calming, meditative process, and you can see just how much difference something so small can make - and anybody can manage dots, even if you don't think you're particularly "artistic".
Both the page and the post are simple because its all I can manage right now.  Himself has to have his bladder removed and a stoma made, and probably chemotherapy as well.  We thought we were braced for this possibility, but it turns out you simply can't be, so it feels like being hit by a truck, or several of them.  Oh yes, and we have to move house in less than a month.  However, we're surrounded by kind friends and family, all willing volunteers to do whatever is needful.  There is also a calm place in the centre where God is, and we know she's in charge of where this goes.

3 comments:

alexa said...

Oh Rosie, that sounds like the most unwelcome of the possible news you might have had - I continue to think of you both often ... I am glad that you have such good friends and support around you. Your page is wonderful; I like the feeling of calm, which seems to belie the words initially. And thank-you for reminding us that dots are always possible for anyone. That feels like a good message too :).

Beacee said...

Rosie, holding you both in my prayers. xxxx

Artyjen said...

Wishing you calm and clarity aplenty....God bless.
xoxo Sioux